After Starting Engines Checklist
Let the hate mail begin . . .
I think if you are doing this checklist by flow, you are doing it wrong.
[G450 AFM §2-04-10]
- START MASTER . . . OFF
- ELECTRICAL POWER CONTROL Panel . . . SET
- EMERGENCY POWER . . . ARM
- DOORS . . . CLOSED
- APU . . . STOP / AS REQUIRED
- BLEED AIR Control Panel . . . APU-OFF / ENG-ON
- FUEL SYSTEM Panel . . . SET
- COWL ANTI-ICE (2) / WING ANTI-ICE (2) . . . AS REQUIRED
- ANTI-ICE HTR (4) . . . ON
- WINDSHIELD HEAT (2) . . . ON
- CABIN PRESSURE AUTO / SEMI . . . AUTO
- Flight Controls Synoptic Page . . . SELECT
- Ground Spoilers (First Flight of Day) . . . CHECKED
- Stall Barrier (First Flight of Day)...TEST
- Flight Controls / Bungee . . . CHECKED
- NOSE WHEEL STEERING POWER . . . ON
- YAW DAMP . . . ENG
- Standby Electrical Power System (HMG) (Prior to extended overwater flight) . . . CHECK
If you did a proper preflight — "Five in, five out" — all you need to do here is ensure all the lights are green except the APU light which will be amber, since it is available but not on line.
If you are in conditions conducive to icing, you will need to select the cowl anti-ice to on. Don't turn on the wing anti-ice if you plan on deice/anti-ice procedures.
Details on how this test is done and what is actually being accomplished with each step here: G450 Speed Brakes and Spoilers.
Here's what that looks like from the outside of the airplane: Ground Spoiler Check.
Details on how this test is done and what is actually being accomplished with each step here: G450 Stall Warning System.
Check flight controls for freedom and correct movement over full range of motion while observing marshaller or FLIGHT CONTROLS synoptic page.
NOTE: While performing the elevator control checks, pull the yoke aft and then release. The yoke should slowly fall forward until the elevator surface reaches its stop. A failed bungee has shown that when the yoke reaches the forward stop, there is a slight hesitation and the yoke cycles approximately one inch aft then forward. For a normal bungee, there should not be any hesitation or aft movement after the yoke is released. Any windy conditions may invalidate the yoke cycling test.
NOTE: Do not perform a rapid movement on the aileron surface. This could lead to an inadvertent HOPS activation.
Here's what that looks like from the outside of the airplane: Flight Control Check.
We also check this during the first flight of the month.
Gulfstream G450 Airplane Flight Manual, Revision 35, April 18, 2013